1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auctur - The Gaming Auction Site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shinso, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Shinso

Shinso Just working. Moderator Dedicated Donor

[​IMG]

As some of you already know, I have been working on an Auction site for online games for about 2 years. You might have also noticed the advert on CCPLZ.

Today we now live!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is Auctur?
    Auctur is an Aution Site for gamers to buy, sell and trade digital assets such as in-game currency, items, and accounts.

Why use it?
    • Low Risk
    • Easier to find Buyers
    • Easier to compare prices
    • Wide range of games
    Auctur has been designed to reduce the risk involved for everyone. The buyer makes a payment on the order, this money is then held by Auctur until the order has been delivered and confirmed.

[​IMG]

If you have any questions, then ask away. You can also give suggestions on things you would like to see

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Great work Great work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Silver Silver x 1
    • Heart-warming Heart-warming x 1
  2. xScriptZx

xScriptZx CCPLZ Donor Donor

Look pretty nice.

Good luck with this new project!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Viriatus

Viriatus Member

I will make sure to try it out!

Good Luck

4. Theonly_Tazz

Theonly_Tazz ᴛʜᴇᴏɴʟʏᴛᴀᴢᴢ Donor

did some advertising for ya projecct!

• Great work Great work x 1
  5. Richard87

Richard87 Active Member

what if the buyer receives the object but does not confirm a complete transaction?
    happend recently to me. (not via this )

6. Shinso

The seller can also complete the transaction. After the 3 days the payment for the order will be released to the seller. (it is normally released instantly)

This will give the buyer 3 days to dispute the delivery of it. If there is an issue then we request evidence from each person.

7. Richard87

Richard87 Active Member

okay that sounds good. and if both parties agree, the payment will be instant? and is there a fee over using your services? like 100$ x 0,02 = 2$ service costs?

great idea keep it up! :D

8. Shinso

As soon as the buyer confirms it is completed. (the same if both confirm).

We take a 5% fee from the seller (which is shown when you make an auction). We based it on the chance of chargebacks and lost money being about 2%. The only other similar sites seem to take about 10% so it seemed pretty fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great work Great work x 1
  9. zikzikk

zikzikk Well-Known Member

You might wanna look into the registering process from ios side. as i try to register i cannot put my username in, as the banner to the homepage is infront of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Robert

Robert lol Moderator Dedicated Donor

[​IMG]

Is it correct that htere is no spacing between the previous/next options? in addition to the scrolling bar.

In addition, please translate your URLs in news to more readable slugs, https://www.auctur.com/news/Auctur Launch isn't really neat

• Like Like x 1
  11. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

Looks great.

If I sell an account, the buyer definitely received it, I confirm transaction but buyer tries to scam to keep the account and not have to pay, do you step in to review evidence and make a decision yourself?

12. Shinso

Yes, if there is any dispute then we review the evidence ourselves. Auctur already has the payment so we would take care of any paypal dispute when we review the evidence.

I will get to work on that :wtf:

13. Ford

Ford PC Brah Donor

Out of interest, what, if any, difference is this from say, playerauctions.com, other than lower fees?

From what I see, the entire process appears to be a carbon copy of what they do, and the fee structure sounds like it is based on limited information (subject to change on new information).

Not to discourage, rather I'm interested to know what made it worth while taking this endeavour, as well as be able to acknowledge any features this service has over the established competition.

14. Jett

Jett Ravy's Lover, Shinso's Bitch. Donor

At beta it will just seem as a copy of our competitors but we are releasing an another tool in late beta that will set us apart from them.

15. Shinso

I am not sure of all the features they have but we are planning to make it easier to conduct trades with others. At the moment we have push notifications so you can get a notification on your desktop. I would like to get a real time chat made so the buyer and seller can talk without having to post forum style messages to work stuff out.

At the moment we mainly need to add in more payment methods. The fee structure was based on all the transactions i have done so far with other people + a bit of a safety margin.

The main thing that started the motivation for this site was having somewhere i could sell my own stuff across multiple games without having to deal with forums or lose any profit i would make in fees. It also has all the systems I think are needed to sell Items and Accounts. I usually get 15% on mesos sales and all of that would be lost on playerauctions. I also wanted something like a livechat to still be useable since it is pretty annoying to trade over forum messages and skype / discord chats would never count as evidence of a trade.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  16. Richard87

Richard87 Active Member

Great so far, but a couple things that are annoying to me.

-My lvl is not able to be put in as 22x.
    -Im not able to edit the thread. Like description And server information.
    -i think its better to have an instant load when You move to another link on the website instead of having the loading screen every time.

Good project so far tho :)

17. Shinso

Thanks for the input. I will change the level thing today. I didn't think it should have to accept anything other than numbers.

Editing the auction description will be added later though. We didn't want people to be able to change an auctions description later so they could make false promises. We should have a version management system for auction posts later.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lapeiro

lapeiro CCPLZ Donor Donor

Will there be a way to sell General games ( that don't have their own sections )?

19. Shinso

That could be arranged at some point. Do you mean selling games or just a way to enter the name of any game you want that you cant currently find?

Right now we have decided that adding bitcoin and options for editing auctions will the first stuff to change (+ some SEO stuff). Most people seemed to edit / re-make their auction a few times. This should also make it easier to use auctur as more of a store to sell on (so you can update the stock when ever you want). We will probably work on advertising after that is done in a week or so, since it seems to be the main issue right now.

20. lapeiro

lapeiro CCPLZ Donor Donor

selling currency/services for games not listed