1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pending CCPLZ Organizational changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Goldwing Applegleam, May 15, 2015.

1. (Yes, I know I have absolutely no business interfering in this, but I want to let you know what I think would be good changes for CCPLZ)

General propositions
    Treat the forum/website more like a company:
    • Admins - finances + end-decision
    • Moderators - moderating
    • Community managers - Keep discussions going, prevent forum from dieing
    • Research & Development - looking at improvements for the forum and checking this with the community + discussing it with the admins
    In general: stop seeing CCPLZ as a club. We have been incredibly big for a while now, and we are losing out because we don't do enough to keep up. We should think big, act appropriately and keep CCPLZ alive.

Can I ask for a discussion in here? If so, please discuss.

• Like x 4
    • Nice idea! x 2
    • Bronze x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great work x 1
  2. Tryst

Tryst (✿O‿O) http://maple.watch Administrator Moderator Dedicated Donor

I like this topic and I'm certainly interested in seeing what people have to think! Feel free to speak your mind here, guys (as long as you stay within the rules).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ravy

Ravy Goodbye! Take care everyone. Donor

First of all I would like @S3NSA to return for a while

4. Robert

Robert lol Moderator Dedicated Donor

Yeah, and I would like Pim Fortuyn to return. That's not what this topic is about though,

I'll write my opinion on the matter, it includes most of the conversation I had with Tryst earlier today, with some of my own views on the matter.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Robert

Opinion on state of the forum
    The current state of the forum is at it's lowest peak. we've degenerated back to the main, sole purpose of what CCPLZ was actually ment to be, a 'community' for Europe MapleStory hackers. We can now skip the community part, since we're all far from a community, the focus has been shifting towards the release of 3% of the users, the shit and dramatalk of another 3%, and the shameless self promotion (i'm talking to you, Zion) of their own non-maple projects. the regarding 90% of the users is mainly here lurking to download iBotYou (huge props Nick!).

I do think the main reason people joined CCPLZ back in the days was primarly for the hacks, and secondly for the awesome stuff we did. We organised countless meetings, events, projects (shout out to the Translation Team!). We actually convinced hardcore legits to join CCPLZ, partly because NexonEU is being a complete bunch of fucking retarded monkey's that manage to do exactly the things they shouldn't. But also because this community wasn't focused on interfering with other people.

This all changed when certain exploits (Yes, yours Tryst) got released. NexonEU responded furiously with some harsh ban waves, and now the banning is more intense then ever. In addition, the game itself got so shit hacking isn't even ... well, i'll just continue in the 3rd part of my contribution.

My main point, this forum needs a really, really intense makeover. I'm saying fuck the scope we've had the past years. Let's stop being an Europe MapleStory Hacking forum (wecodez took over most of the proper coders, anyway). I'm aware we'll never lose the stigma hacking, but there's a load of stuff more we could explore. I remember the MapleStory animating / video community GoldenTotProductions set up a couple years ago, perhaps something we could also pursue.

Opinion on members/staff

I fairly agree with Jafel's post, let's make a new member group for past moderators/admins. I think at least Redwinter deservers to be in that group, in addition to Suarez. I also think some of my collegues should seriously reconsider the moderator position. But i'll address that point in the mod section.

Opinion on MapleStory Europe Hacking

MapleStory Europe is a dead, not viable for hacking, game.

That being said, the focus should shift. We're absolutely no hacking forum no more, we should change the forum layout, add new sections, remove / merge dead ones. I'd almost go as far as merging all MapleStory Hacking Discussions (except for the pserver hacking). But that's just 1 bridge too far.

Future prospects
    If we take a moment and stop being a bunch of nostalgic twats citing "Xentare ftw" we could seriously improve the the state of the forum. It should attract new members, bring back old ones, and should decrease the amount of cancer (yes, i've said it, and i'll check the logs daily from now again and will stop giving 1 point for every 2 offenses, i'll just deal the full blow from now on) and blossom a great, awesome community.

The shit we used to have in 2012

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    • Agree x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Silver x 2
    • Bronze x 2
    • Made me laugh! x 1
  6. TheLegend27

TheLegend27 Well-Known Member

Im not into hacking or anything like that. The reason why I like ccplz is because of the awesome people. Also its a great way to sell and buy stuff. I think if you would make it more of a 'online freemarket' more people would join. Buying mesos is so much better and cost efficient than buying nx. I would personally more focus on the trading. Remember this is my opinion. Keep it up boys :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Robert

@Razz @Nazgul1444 www.free.market

8. Razz

Razz Dedicated Supporter Dedicated Donor

• Like Like x 2
    • Made me cry! Made me cry! x 1
  9. Spaz

Spaz Banned Banned Trade Ban

As a relatively new user, I'll give my input from what I've seen so far.

The forum might be at an all time low simply because there's close to nothing here. The hacking section(which is supposedly suppose to be CCPLZ main point) exists of iBot & Bypass, that's it.

The trading section is great. Good middlemen available to minimize chances off scamming happening.

That's about it, and ohh.. if people could be a bit less elitist on the shout box when newer people are asking for help that'd also be great! :wtf:

• Like Like x 1
    • Bronze Bronze x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tryst

I totally agree. This is what put a lot of people off certain GMS hacking forums and made them come here in the first place. A select few users certainly have a holier-than-thou attitude towards other people - but then again I guess this is why those people aren't in the Helper of the Masses usergroup.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. Robert

I'm bumping this topic, for the sake of, yes, for the sake of.

12. Jett

Jett Ravy's Lover, Shinso's Bitch. Donor

I guess you have seen what path GS could go, That place looks more dead than ever.
    I would also suggesting making ccplz into a online freemarket, even support more games in the market place than we already do.
    (I know we got Etcetera Trading Post) but come on.. Counter strike GO is full of people wanting to trade stuff around.
    Maybe we could get their attention?

13. Azertify

Azertify Nya~ Moderator Dedicated Donor

About the community manager idea... We really should avoid that, the members should be the community managers, with some more active than others, but nevertheless, the members are the lifeblood of this place.
    I agree with you on most other things though. Other than new members, people here don't really like maplestory. Some people joke about it, other people are dead serious, but for the most part, there is a general negativity towards maple. On the other hand, there is still a strong sense of community even as the forum is potentially at its lowest. I come here to see what people are talking about and to see whether my friends are in the shoutbox, or to say something because I think the people who are here will care about it. So yes, ccplz might not be at its highest point (which would probably have collided with EMS' highest point), but if we focus more on community and less on dying with maple, then I'm sure we'll come out of this better with a stronger community than before.

That being said, I've been relatively inactive, and coming up with plans isn't my strongest ability. I think its great that you've put so much thought into this, Robert, Jafel, and I'd be happy to see your plans put into place, and would love to work with you on this.

#ccplz2015

14. Original

Original ♛ Mikaelson ♛ Donor

Yup....
    This one.... this..... so good

I really like this one.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Conquest

Conquest Legendary Casanova Coder Donor

May be one should ask the question why that happened. In fact we dont get specially treated there anyway still more and more coders are moving there. Probably "the purple ones" can see something which the other guys cant.

16. Tryst

The main hackers on EMS at the time were all affiliated with Tezjin. Tezjin was banned from CCPLZ for stealing users' accounts, but WeCodez accepted him with open arms (which is why I stopped visiting the site myself).
    @Dami and @xScriptZx are great guys who actively release EMS resources, which in a way gives them the upper hand as none of the staff team here really do that much with EMS any more (at least not publicly, anyway).

17. Conquest

Keep thinking that. I hope someday someone will get the reason .

18. apprenticeCS

apprenticeCS (づ。◕‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧ Moderator Dedicated Donor

How about you stop being so vague and just tell us your opinion...

19. Conquest

specially treated

20. Robert

This is as vague as your previous statement

• Made me laugh! Made me laugh! x 1