1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Help] Opening Form2 with a button

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Nebbis, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Nebbis

Nebbis Banned Banned

Please tell me how =D [C++]
  2. NonLeaf

NonLeaf Well-Known Member

C++ or VB?

Show.Form2() Or Form2.Show // Lol <- forget the "Lol" part

I think , not sure
  3. [D.R.T]

[D.R.T] (҂ `з´ ).︻╦̵̵̿╤── Coder Donor

4. spunge

spunge Well-Known Member Retired

Protip: Managed C++ is deprecated. Stop using it.
  5. [D.R.T]

why no ?

you believe that c++ was only made to work with dialogs?
  6. spunge

There are various UI frameworks out there that utilize C++. These include but are not limited to MFC, WTL, wxWidgets, and Qt. The fact that you associate C++ with dialogs shows what a limited scope you have in programming. Dialogs have nothing to do with the language, and has everything to do with the platform you are coding on.

As far as C++/CLI goes (my bad, mistook C++/CLI for Managed C++), read this. Bjarne Stroustrup's (developer of C++) views on C++/CLI
  7. [D.R.T]

I am not advanced in programming, it's just a hobby, but go to the logical.

assumes that one is free to program or "try" things in language, platform or GUI you want, you can not ask anyone to leave C++ for the only reason that you believe is obsolete.
  8. spunge

Derp. Giving bad advice is seemingly a good thing nowadays. I am giving sound advice, and if you are too ignorant to heed it, do not impede others from taking said advice.

You are the one who is acting illogical. The fact that it is obsolete, gives others the right to advise others not to use it.
  9. [D.R.T]

could take a moment and write with a little property, you're right or you're not too arrogant and this dispute did not lead to anything, it should be considered more or less than anyone, I hope you understand me and not just reply with insults and arrogance .

I do not want to continue discussing, just answer the question of the creator of the thread.
  10. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Well-Known Member Coder

guys guys.

it doesnt matter how you do something in c++. you can use managed or unmanaged code to do about the same thing. people here dont want the advaned way of doing a simple task
    why go into unmanaged code when you can just do it with few lines of code and end up with the same result. sure it might not be a correct way. sure it might end up using more of resourses. but at least you got it working.
  11. Nebbis

Nebbis Banned Banned

It's C++, I still hasn't got it working =\