1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pending Limit New users from giving ratings and posting message on user profile

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Conquest, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Conquest

Conquest Legendary Casanova Coder Donor

It has come to my notice that a lot of forums users are abusing rating by creating random users and giving away negative ratings to users. While it doesnt really strips affected users from any forum rights but it does leave an aura of negativity . Another issue is personal flaming by targeting users and posting hate messages in their profile.
    I suggest it is time to add some kind of restriction like 50 minimum post and atleast 10 positive ratings before users can rate others and post on other's profile. IMO if a user cannot do anything positive to get some positive ratings , may be they shouldnt be allowed to rate others anyway .
    Before you say , if you are scared about getting flamed on your user profile you should hide it anyway, but that will effectively restrict the good guys from sharing their good wills as well. My aim is to filter out the rotten ones, not to strip legit and honest users of their rights .

PS: I didnt add a poll since i have realized decisions are made based on their validity and reasoning, not on user opinion .Share your thoughts against or in favor of this suggestion as well as incidents you have been a victim of.
    PS: goomba and co. is still lurking in the forum and occasionally going rampant against some people with rating abuse.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    • Agree x 6
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Made me laugh! x 1
    • Nice idea! x 1
    • Made my day! x 1
  2. This is a wonderfully well thought-out suggestion. I like the idea and I do think this will help with the aforementioned problems.

+1 from me. I would say the 50 post count could be a bit much. But 10 positive ratings seems fair.

3. Tryst

Tryst (✿O‿O) http://maple.watch Administrator Moderator Dedicated Donor

Users are manually approved by us lovely admins before they're allowed to do anything on CCPLZ. If they are a multi-account of another user, both accounts are usually banned before the new account even gets approved.

If you've been affected by random ratings or if you believe a user is abusing the ratings system then all you have to do is report them for it and we'll deal with it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nice idea! Nice idea! x 1
  4. Original

Original ♛ Mikaelson ♛ Donor

Actually people still sometimes see this happen,including myself. That's why this thread was made.
    And even if this would be useless because of the work of the admins. A second security wouldn't be bad aswell, because we all are human and make mistake's, don't we?

This sounds good to me! But let's not do 50 posts but 30-40.
    +1 from me

5. Robert

Robert lol Moderator Dedicated Donor

I see the reasoning behind this, but would'nt this encourage spamming to gain 50 posts?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Nice idea! Nice idea! x 1
  6. Conquest

what are the mods here for?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nickerian

Nickerian Well-Known Member Coder Donor

i wouldent care about the post count but i would like 10 possitive feedback before they can leave negative rating/ post on users profile page and rate peoples resources.
    Disagree should not be a negative one (if it is).

Mostly because if they havent done anything good they shouldent judge other peoples projects/efforts.

It should be a user decision in the settings if you want this to applie for your account. (posting on profile page/ send PM)

• Nice idea! Nice idea! x 2
  8. xScriptZx

xScriptZx CCPLZ Donor Donor

Ban Taku, nothing more.

#jesiusTaku

on topic... Im agree about the message count restriction, not with the positive ratings

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    • Made me laugh! Made me laugh! x 1
    • Made me cry! Made me cry! x 1
  9. Nickerian

i think he deserves unban already, he did provide good things to the forum (scriptwize and bypass).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  10. Robert

Robert lol Moderator Dedicated Donor

It's not gonna happen.

ballin'

• Made me laugh! Made me laugh! x 1
  11. Nickerian

I never said the spamming was something good, however i dont think spamming should result in a permanent ban aslong as its not to insult or spread hate against people. if repeated yes extend the ban period.
    Especially if he/she provide good things for the forum. its another thing if they are just here because they have nothing else to do.

Anyway this is offtopic. i still think conq's idea is a good thing but the user themself should be able to decide if it should applie to their account or not (PM's, write on profile)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

>just a language mod

nigga please

:F12:

• Bronze Bronze x 1
  13. Razz

Razz Dedicated Supporter Dedicated Donor

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Conquest

Bump. Take decision Admins before goomba goes out of control

15. TheLegend27

TheLegend27 Well-Known Member

IMO I wouldnt give to many restrictions to new users. When I first visited ccplz I was like 'not aloud, not aloud, not aloud'. Maybe we would lose members then. But I agree its not right to give lots of negative ratings without having a positive rating yourself.
    'Preparation can only take you so far. After that you must take a few leaps of faith' ~Michael Scofield

16. Race Him

Race Him Tryst hates blacks Donor

I say there should be a limit on new users giving ratings, however this limit should be like 10-20 posts, because i think 50 is a bit too high for new users who want to be part of the community. But anyway's why dont you just PM Robert With proof of users breaking the rules, he likes banning people ;-)

17. apprenticeCS

apprenticeCS (づ。◕‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧ Moderator Dedicated Donor

Robert likes banning people and I hate seeing this
    [​IMG]
    Not reading "0" ;-)

• Like Like x 1