1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MapleStory Europe has migrated to MapleStory Global! This section is readonly now.
    Dismiss Notice

Europe Multiclienting

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by whereismyhat, Aug 12, 2010.

1. whereismyhat

whereismyhat Banned Banned

If you have no clue what the fuck I am writing down here, don't consider to post. Even though IRC is boring and all that bullshit. Seriously.

I've been trying to achieve a multiclient with CreateMutex hooks and so far I've pretty much what I wanted, but the problem is that the client sometimes wishes to stop functioning for no reason. I am attaching the DLL I made, try it out for yourself. Some instances work (tested it a couple of times, not too much), but some don't.

Some extra info:
    I hook three APIs, FindWindow, which automatically returns 0 (this actually gets called sometimes), CreateMutex (CloseHandle() on the Mutex handle and then pass that handle through (Also tried generating a totally random handle, no luck)) and OpenMutex, which automatically returns NULL.

Let's get a real discussion running. inb4noreplies

2. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

So what your saying is this .dll allows multi maplestory but crashes sometimes?
  3. whereismyhat

Yes and no. It doesn't crash, it stops functioning.
  4. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

Ahh, i know this isnt related to topic.. but fuck would this be amazing if it worked fully.

How long does it work for untill it stops functioning?
  5. Siobhan

Siobhan New Member

Wouldn't it be better to change the name of the Mutex (LPCTSTR lpName) in CreateMutex and OpenMutex instead of wrecking it? (Less invasive).
    If different instances of MS opens and checks different mutex names I ought to work, and it is surprisingly paranoid of them to actually check with FindWindow too, I wonder why they do that.

By changing name I meant randomly pick a char when the dll is initializing and then append it in Create and Open so it becomes "MapleMutexA", "MapleMutexB" and so on, so if they are using mutexes somewhere else it won't crap them up.
  6. whereismyhat

I have already done that (my nick followed by random numbers), it doesn't work, regardless whether I hook openmutex or not.

http://jump.fm/QCVDU (Here it is)

Go away.
  7. whereismyhat

Is nobody posting because nobody knows? I thought this site was full of coders. At least, I'd say from the the amount of bots and trainers here.

Ah well.