1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MapleStory Europe has migrated to MapleStory Global! This section is readonly now.
    Dismiss Notice

Europe need help at vmware player

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by nibatti, Sep 9, 2010.

1. nibatti

nibatti Well-Known Member

i need to know how to clone it :)?

Regards nibatti.

2. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

If I remember right, you are able to right-click on the GuestOs(The one youve installed on VMWare) and click something like, duplicate or clone.

3. nibatti

cant find o.O

4. Twister

Inside VMware there is a "clone" option

From help file:

Setting a Clone Template Choose: VM > Settings > Options > Advanced When you create a linked clone of a virtual machine, the clone depends on the parent virtual machine to function. If a linked clone is unable to access the parent virtual machine or the snapshot on which the clone is based, the clone no longer operates. You can avoid this problem by designating the parent virtual machine of a linked clone as a template. Normally, to clone a virtual machine, you must have write access to that virtual machine. A virtual machine that is designated as a clone template can be cloned by users who do not have write access to the template virtual machine. To designate this virtual machine as a template, select Enable Template mode. In order to protect linked clones, a template virtual machine cannot be deleted or added to a team. None of the template’s snapshots be deleted. For more information on linked clones, see Snapshot Actions and see the chapter about cloning virtual machines in the VMware Workstation User’s Manual.

*Note : Ive simply copied and pasted this, not sure if itll will work, but I guess its worth a try.

5. nibatti

ill try soon. :) ill reply if it works.

6. nibatti

idk cant get it :( . im new on using vmware.

7. Twister

Do you have teamviewer?
    If so, add me on MSN and Ill help you out.

8. Cuckoo

Cuckoo Fuckeh Yuuu Donor

damn i cant clone my home :( thats actually what I needed anyway nabatti how did you install a system on ur virtual machine since i fail on that

9. Ex10Ded

Ex10Ded New Member

.. the clone function is for VM Workstation / VM Server.
    As far as I know that is. I've been looking for a way to clone my player Virtual Machine with no success.
    If you find a way tell me, but so far I've just installed the OS etc. twice

10. Cuckoo

Cuckoo Fuckeh Yuuu Donor

with vmware work station, just go VM, clone and click next and select full that should do it