1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MapleStory Europe has migrated to MapleStory Global! This section is readonly now.
    Dismiss Notice

Europe Nexon are enforcing their new ToU in regard to banning multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Tryst, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Tryst

Tryst (✿O‿O) http://maple.watch Administrator Moderator Dedicated Donor

I'm creating this thread just as a warning to any current and future players (not just the hacking community).

To quote Nexon's new Terms of Use:
    It has come to my attention that Nexon are enforcing this new decision.

Nexon's linked account bans are based upon two things: the IP address last used to access the account, and any MAC address and Hardware ID ever used to access your account.

What does this mean?
    This means that if you're caught hacking by a GM all accounts associated with your computer and/or network are at risk of also being blocked, regardless of whether those accounts were involved with hacking activity at all.

Who is at risk?
    Anyone who owns multiple accounts, shares their accounts, shares their computer or shares an IP address with other MapleStory players is at risk of being blocked if just one associated account is blocked. This means that if, for example, you create an account and play the game as intended and every so often log in at your school, but then someone else from your school comes along and gets blocked for hacking, your account will also likely be blocked.

What can I do to prevent this?
    1. Run a separate computer for hacking;
    2. Do not share your account details with anyone;
    3. Do not connect to the game on public networks;
    4. Randomize your MAC address and HWID (through packet modification).
    What can I do if I'm banned?
    As always, you can simply contact Nexon either through the support portal (support.nexoneu.com) or create a thread in Nexon's Hacker and User Abuse forum, then simply sit back and cross your fingers. The majority of the time you will simply be told that you were banned for "hack related activity", even if the account you're appealing for had never touched hacks.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

What can I do to prevent this?
    1. Run a separate computer for hacking;
    2. Do not share your account details with anyone;
    3. Do not connect to the game on public networks;
    4. Randomize your MAC address and HWID (through packet modification).
    5. Change IP adress to create new accounts(proxies,vpn, etc.)

3. XownAxeStyle

XownAxeStyle CCPLZ Donor Donor

1. Randomize your MAC address and HWID (through packet modification).
    I'm hoping there will be a little tut about doing this ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Smoare

Smoare Banned Banned Trade Ban

dam, nexon sux if you use another pc but on the same wifi will your account on the other pc also get banned?

5. Yotsuba

Yotsuba Don mai! Donor

if you're hardware banned (MAC address) which this thread is more or less about, changing your IP does nothing.

6. Tryst

Changing IP address is a good idea, but proxies and VPNs are a terrible idea. What's to say that there isn't someone hacking on the same VPN or proxy you're connecting through?

• Like Like x 1
  7. [D.R.T]

[D.R.T] (҂ `з´ ).︻╦̵̵̿╤── Coder Donor

I doubt about IP addresses because there are people playing on cyber cafes.

8. Tryst

MAC and HWID blocks are much more common.

9. Green

Green CCPLZ Donor Donor

So basiclly wether I'm hacking or not and got > 1 Account all other gets Banned (Mules for example)? lol nexon.

10. Razz

Razz Dedicated Supporter Dedicated Donor

That the account was created by a user with a dynamic ip...

11. Bassesor

Bassesor In your girl's DM's ;) Donor

Nexon is fgt
    [​IMG]

12. Tryst

As I said in my post, the block is based on the last IP address the account accessed the game on. I don't think Nexon actually log registration IPs.

13. Razz

I think they actually do because of:
    [​IMG]
    Somehow they flag you once you create more than 5 accounts within 30 days. Would be kinda stupid if you could just make accounts and just not login...

14. Conquest

Conquest Legendary Casanova Coder Donor

if u are using ijl15 from @AIRRIDE you already have HWID shuffled. no way to deal with IP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robert

Robert lol Moderator Dedicated Donor

Either way, this policy could be disastrous for account trading and hacked equipments being removed with the account holding them banned and all connected accounts as well.

In simple terms:

Player A has created a hacked item using the stat exploit and duped this.
    Player B has 4 accounts in total, of which he has never hacked.
    Player A sells the weapon to player B ingame.
    All of player B's accounts will now be banned.

I think a load of legit people will be hit by this as well, not mentioning that if in fact they're going to ban more appropriately, this could have devastating results in the whole MS trading system.

Best is to make a clean account now, with a random IP, HWID and MAC and shuffle all your 'illegal' items to it to avoid any mass ban of all your accounts.

That is, until we can see how Nexon is going to enforce this system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Conquest

either way a hacker wins

• Made my day! Made my day! x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
  17. Robert

Hackers have been dominating this game since the first dupe / star exploit got released here.

Which happened nearly 3 years ago.

It's funny. It took Nexon 3 years to change their policy regarding hacking.

18. Razz

Knowing nexon it's fairly easy to make this system worthless. Just fill their databases with useless or false information, just as with the fake autobans.

19. Conquest

i dont think hackers are the reason this game is dying. i cant think of a reason why people will play a server when global is offering red patch in english and has lots more interesting stuff. ems has to change their policy regarding game contents, not against hackers. its an excuse for being incompetent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Robert

I'm absolutely not blaming hackers for this game to die, I merely state that hackers have been dominating this entire game.

Nexon killed this game shortly after the Big Bang patch. When looking back, that was the moment it went from a fun game to a "pay to win / be the highest level ingame in a week" construction.