1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pending Preventing big leechers?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Harmy, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

Basically, i've read the attachment system doesnt really work in the downloads section, so i'm thinking, lots of people are coming from MPC or wherever to download the tools and go straight back out, and come back when ever they need something or w/e.

I think you should make it so only registered people can see that one section.

2. mageboys

mageboys iPlayNaked Donor

would work but it doesnt take long to register with the site? which would result in the same amount of users and the same amount of leechers

3. David...

David... Banned Banned

The attachment is disabled, not non functional, also, you have to register to view links.

4. S3NSA

S3NSA back in black Administrator

Davheed hit the nail on the head. Guests are unable to view links. You have to register if you want to download the hacks.

Although I know this won't stop the persistent leechers, it is a line of defense. The sad fact is that leechers will usually find a way to leech. As a forum we're on good standing with a lot of other forums, so if we deem one of our hacks 'special' or 'to-be-on-CCPLZ-only' then most of the other larger forums will comply. VIP hacks will obviously have secure protection as and when it's launched. If we find leeching a problem we may apply the same protection to the public hacks we produce, but obviously available to all who are registered at CCPLZ as opposed to just the VIP members.

5. mageboys

off topic for a second i hope this VIP is going to be good with some good hacks :) i bought it on gamekillers ages ago and they didnt have any vip europe hacks or they did and they were public xD blaze gave me a refund haa xD

6. S3NSA

We think you'll like what it will have ;).
    We're concentrating more on getting a community first, and then worrying about VIP. It should be around within a couple of weeks though. As a forum that's designed purely for EMS hackers, you'll only find EMS hacks in it :3.

Now back on topic, if you have any other questions feel free to PM me :F2:

7. Razz

Razz Dedicated Supporter Dedicated Donor

Or you could make another check. Atleast 1/2 posts to download links. And delete spam asap.

8. S3NSA

That would only server to promote spam, and it would put unnecessary strain on moderating. Eventually we're either constantly spending our time combating the increase in spam, or letting it go and they leech anyway.

9. Subarashii

Subarashii Well-Known Member

Sounds nice :) And what about the same thing that TE has? You have to introduce yourself and have to get accepted by moderator or higher or something?
    That's also a way to prevent big leechers... You can immediatly see if it's a hardcore leecher etc...

10. mageboys

There is no real ways to prevent leechers within a forum that is public only to create VIP rooms or Rooms were a certain post count is needed to get in bus as S3NSA has said it would just increase the spam in topics such as this, the only way to get rid of leeching completely is to sign up have a type of quiz or a test to show you are not leeching but that would mean the people who came to leech wouldnt have the chance to buy VIP :P

11. Subarashii

Yeah that's true, but still you will make leechers harder to leech! I think we should make a system that's something like TastyExploit!

12. mageboys

I havnt seen what 'Tastyexploit' do but i would be intrested if you could tell me?

13. Subarashii

You'll have to introduce yourself to them, in special section.
    If you get accepted you'll become "Registered Member", those can view Public Maplestory Releases, just normal ones... People with low postcount can get banned.
    If you're active member you'll become "Member" and those can view Less Public Maplestory Releases, you have to keep active ofcourse.
    And offcourse you can buy VIP..

I thought that was their system?

14. S3NSA

"People with low postcount can get banned"
    Not a very good system then in my opinion, high post count doesn't mean anything aside from they have the time to post a lot. Many of the best contributors on CEF (and the MapleStory hacking scene as a whole) had under three hundred posts.
    As for having to sort through applicants registering to the forum, that seems like a real chore and largely unreliable. I'd rather spend that time moderating existing users and filter them that way. I haven't heard of this 'TastyExploit' and I'm not surprised after reading that.

15. Subarashii

True, but like 0 posts, w/o contributing should be like banned in 50 days or something, and also for people that haven't posted for 50 days or something?

16. Corner

Corner Active Member

my system would be like this:
    Users have to get atleast 30 - 50 helpfull posts and have to send a application to a mod/admin/whatever.
    They check his/her posts, if they are helpfull, the mods/admins "accept him" as a real member.

( Sry for bad english :s)

17. mageboys

i dunno about this tequila because what would he post on in the first place to make himself a member :) haha it would have to be hacks, or being helpful wouldnt prove anything and i must agree if tastyexploit does that its no wonder i dont know there process ha xD, im pretty sure that most people who are coming to this website at the moment actualy have a decent knowledge about hacks from what i have read in the posts and have only seen about 2 who seem to be, or are acting like complete idiots lol. i think the user should have a report for being a idiot button though incase someone is begging or seen multiple times not knowing anything then the moderators could look into stopping leechers that way :p would be funny

18. OMGitsSander

OMGitsSander Well-Known Member

You can't prevent leeching on the internet...
    When you have a waterproof system which will prevent leechers from downloading "our" hacks. There will always be someone who got in, who will take the hacks, post it on an other forum, and boom, there goes the system..
    Post count systems sucks, it will incourage spamming... The only thing to prevent leeching is HWID..
    Which will probably be used in the VIP section I guess.

19. mageboys

HWID wouldnt prevent leechers unless the code was specific to the account but how would that work on a public section that is only a VIP tool to secure the rights for the people who have paid :). im sure that in the VIP section you will most likely have to enter your account details for your CCPLZ account to log in and a specific code.. :P

20. OMGitsSander

OMGitsSander Well-Known Member

I agree it should'nt be used for the public section but it is a good way for the VIP section. I didn't mean to say we should use HWID for the public section;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.