1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notice Rules regarding drama on CCPLZ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S3NSA, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S3NSA

S3NSA back in black Administrator

Hello all,

Recently we have had a lot of drama here. Almost all of it inflated, overblown and unnecessary.
    This results in more work for myself and the moderators. It isn't appreciated and left me feeling incredibly down-heartened over the weekend (a bank holiday that I was forced to spend dealing with such issues).

Once the drama subsides it almost always turns out to be a few individuals who have acted stupidly, are being over-dramatic and not aiding the forum in the process. As should have been obvious from the start, it is my firm belief that drama doesn't help anything. This is why I've strived to get on well with all other forums; so we can avoid any pointless forum wars and instead concentrate on making CCPLZ a better place. After the last fuss about Punkmilitia and the subsequent realization that noone actually had any criticisms that they could, or were willing to, support.

This has led me to the decision that we should crack down harder on those who aim to destabilize the community. I really don't give a damn about pointless drama, instead I try to focus on how to improve the community and grow it with you guys. So far this appears to have worked and I know a lot of you enjoy being here and actively support me and the staff members. It is for you guys that I work and because of you that it's worth it. I began to lose faith yesterday yet I received numerous messages from members with kind messages. This allowed me to view the situation in a new light and laugh at how pathetic a lot of it was. I thank those of you who have supported me.

Now, onto the new rules.

• If you have a problem with any decision, member or generally anything on CCPLZ then PM me @Kent or @Tryst .
    If you have a problem with anything on CCPLZ, then PM me about it. Don't bottle it up and then blame me later on for not knowing. This is nothing short of stupidity and is highly illogical. It may come as a surprise to some of you, but I don't actually know what everyone's doing all of the time. If you know something, share it with me and then we can work together to improve on it.

There's absolutely no sense in keeping it to yourself and then criticizing others for not doing anything about it, when they had no idea that it was happening. It doesn't help solve the issues and only aids in causing more drama.

This leads to my next rule on drama:

• Don't post publicly something that may provoke unneeded drama. PM me @Kent or @Tryst with it first.
    If you have something that may potentially cause a stir or commotion on the forum, I kindly ask you to PM me with it first. The reason being that if you PM me with the issue there is a large chance the said issue can be resolved quickly, efficiently and make less of an impact on the lives of the staff working on the forum. If I come back to a forum full of drama, spam posts and the like, I'm forced to try and battle to contain the problem while trying to understand it at the same time. Had the issue been PM'd to me, I could fully focus on understanding the problem and trying to resolve it. I won't have to waste a lot of my time trying to delete posts, warn and ban members and then try and piece together what actually happened from the numerous different threads on the issue.

This is really only related to drama that involves the forum and/or its members, which in turn is the drama I can help make better and change things as a result.

Finally:

• If you are submitting a problem to me, make sure (where applicable) that it is supported with ay evidence that might be relevant and necessary. I have absolutely no interest in petty arguments and rumours and you would do best not to waste my time with them.
    • If you are given an opportunity to go over the problems, and you do not choose to do so in a civil and orderly manner, you will be banned. We don;t have the time to pander to your amateur dramatics.
    - - -

If your problem is with me, PM another admin.

- - -

Members found violating these rules and posting drama-provoking threads, especially those with no evidence or substantiated claims, will be punished and the specific threads removed. You will then be expected to PM me with the problem if you wish for it to be looked at.

At the end of they day, if you're posting such things publicly to begin with, it seems obvious to me that you're just looking to cause drama and disturb the forum. People with real problems try to get them sorted, and the quickest way that can happen is by letting me @Kent or @Tryst know.

I think this forum has dealt with enough bullshit, and certainly don't think staff should have to waste their time unnecessarily. Time that could be spend making this forum a better place.
    I hope this makes sense.

All the best and thank you for reading,

S3NSA

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Made me laugh! Made me laugh! x 1
  2. Krow

Krow Well-Known Member

3. Container

Container Back from the dead Donor

Wow, epicly spam...

OT:
    I've have had the kinda same feeling the last 2-3 days, therefore the inactivity from my side.
    People needs to grow up and know that discussing things is good, arguing things is bad.
    Anyways, thanks for posting this, and hopefully people will read this and "hear" it.

Btw, I noticed you like spelling "From", "Form" :P
    And S3NSA, too much text means less readers :P

4. S3NSA

That's just Krow ::3:

It's annoying; it occurs because my right hand types faster than my left. Thus I hit 'o' before my left hand is able to hit 'r', resulting in 'form'.
    I'll do a spell-check now!

Less readers who obviously don't care enough about important updates to the forum.
    That's fine by me; it's their own fault when they get punished for breaking the rules.

5. Arvin

Arvin CCPLZ Pimp Banned Dedicated Donor

Good job, i love this rule.

I love long posts like this, they are always interesting to read :D

6. CabananZa

CabananZa Well-Known Member

Hmm, i loved our very interesting debate we had last night............

Very good rule S3NSA, although sometimes you might sound more dramatic because you are using more complicated words, but actually you are just trying to express yourself as good as you can. ​

7. Container

Container Back from the dead Donor

8. Azertify

Azertify Nya~ Moderator Dedicated Donor

I'm loving the hyper-links! Great new rules, I'm happy to see them and if they are put into place and followed by all members it will just help our community! S3NSA RULES!!!!

9. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

+1

10. S3NSA

Bumping because it seems people still aren't aware.
    We've wasted enough time on this shit in the past, and now it's zero-tolerance.

Clarified a point; if your problem is with me see Kent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tryst

Tryst (✿O‿O) http://maple.watch Administrator Moderator Dedicated Donor

I've been asked to bump this. I also edited it a little as there's not much point in PMing S3NSA at the moment as he's away from CCPLZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.