1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ISLAMIC COMMUNITY CENTER (New York City)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goupidan, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goupidan

Goupidan New Member

2. King Virus

King Virus Banned Banned

why write islamic community center in capital letters?

and well... since saudi arabia wont let westerns build churchs why would anyone else let muslims build their buildings... makes no sense.

3. Sercan

Sercan Well-Known Member

firstly: I'm a muslim

well the reason Saudi Arabia doesn't allow any new church or synagogue is because we as Muslims believe that of course our religion is the last legit religion to follow and that's why we don't allow any church or synagogue because what they do is wrong. -thats the islamic ruling on religon's buildings-

but the western society says: we are 'open' for all, every religion is welcome so... that's why you can find a mosque a church and a synagogue next to each other and behind that stands a budda temple

but I heard that islamic center is open also for non-muslims? what can they enter the mosqe and stuff? thats not good at all. thats like hey guys muslim or non muslim dont care all the same :) LOOL

like some dudes wanted to print thorat of the Jews the bible of the Christians and the Qur'an of the Muslims in 1 book like pick one don't matter

so the answer is in the western society itself, they allow everything, even if that means people will go at war on each other due the huge differences.

and 1 note that Lebanon allows the building of synagogues is against ruling of Islam, but that country don't follow islamic rulings anyway.

4. King Virus

King Virus Banned Banned

if the westerns would destroy 'em buildings and act back the way the islam is acting what would happen?

islam people will raise their voice, and rage the fuck outta the westerns, even though they let them build it in the first place now "knowing" the islam countries wouldn't let them build their beloved church.

and my parents are muslim, my dad tells me to read the Quran.
    i know allot more about muslims, and i think half of it is bullshit.

5. S3NSA

S3NSA back in black Administrator

In all honesty, my preference would be less religious tolerance across the board. However, since that's not going to happen, seeming Christians get to erect churches wherever they please, I do believe people who practice Islam should be able to do the same. At first I thought this building was to be set up at Ground Zero. That would have been incredibly insensitive and a definite no from me. Now though, I read it's actually two blocks away. That, is fine by me. If they're going to have to allow a religious building through freedom and tolerance of religions, then I see no problem with it being two blocks away. If you denied such a building, the problem would be "what distance from ground zero do we allow said buildings to be set up". That could prove to be a nightmare.

6. BeKo

BeKo Member

even ppl who study the Quran do not understand everything ...

there are islamic countries which allow churches ... isnt it the same?

yea i also thought the mosque was to be set up at Ground Zero ... i wonder why news do not underline that it is 2 blocks away from Ground Zero

7. Goupidan

Goupidan New Member

I wrote it in capital letters to emphasize that it is not a mosque (contrary to the popular FOX News's belief).

Why are we talking about Saudi Arabia? If Saudi Arabia does not let churches to be built, isn't America a better country for letting Synagogues, Churches, Mosques, etc, to be built?

Where in the Qur'an does it say that it is haram to build other religious buildings? Oh, or is it the Hadith (written by man, extremely flawed).

You have been under FOX News's brainwashing program, you believed that the Mosque was AT Ground Zero. I'm glad you don't believe that anymore.

8. S3NSA

S3NSA back in black Administrator

It wasn't FOX News. Luckily I escape that with not living in America. It was what I understood from hearsay before checking up on the facts in a news article.

9. Sercan

Sercan Well-Known Member

from your comment I make up that you believe that the Qur'an is the word of Allah the Most high.

first of all: I don't deny that there are fabricated ahadith: But the promise of Allah is true, and that's why we know what hadith is false and what not, I will explain that below:

So if you think that Allah has revealed his last ruling religion until the day of judgement, and then let a very important part of that religion being corrupted by evil desirers of the humans!?

Well if you believe that, then I have some questions for you, try to answer them with the Qur'an only, because the ahadith aren't reliable as you say:

As you probably know that the prayer is the most important thing a Muslim have to perform in his live. even non-Muslims know that a Muslim have to pray every day.

Where are the aayaat which tell us how to pray?

or which tell us that the obligatory prayers are five times daily?

oke and what about zakaah?

where are the ayaat which tell us about the nisaab(the minimum amount of money a person have to posses to be obliged to pay the zakaah) on various kinds of wealth for the purpose of zakaah,

and what about Hajj the pilgrimage to Mekkah

where are the ayaat that tells us how to perform the Hajj?

So if we sum up, That Allah revealed his religion He forgot to mention how to do these important things? that is of course impossible, that s why Allah has revealed it to the prophet but it was not an Qur'anic revelation.

don't you know that Allah said in the Qur'an:

?Similarly (to complete My Blessings on you), We have sent among you a Messenger (Muhammad) of your own, reciting to you Our Verses (the Qur?aan) and purifying you, and teaching you the Book (the Qur?aan) and the Hikmah (i.e. Sunnah, Islamic laws and Fiqh ? jurisprudence), and teaching you that which you used not to know?

[al-Baqarah 2:151]

teaching you the Book (the Qur?aan) and the Hikmah.

some people who went astray from the right path try to defend there corrupt believe and say that this ayah of the Qur'an don't say that there are two things reaveld to the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)..

كَمَآ أَرۡسَلۡنَا فِيڪُمۡ رَسُولاً۬ مِّنڪُمۡ يَتۡلُواْ عَلَيۡكُمۡ ءَايَـٰتِنَا وَيُزَكِّيڪُمۡ

وَيُعَلِّمُڪُمُ ٱلۡكِتَـٰبَ وَٱلۡحِڪۡمَةَ وَيُعَلِّمُكُم مَّا لَمۡ تَكُونُواْ تَعۡلَمُونَ

there stands a ''و'' in arabic that means 'and'.

there would be a major grammatical error if Allah meant the same. the Qur'an and the Qur'an? makes sense much eh?

Also has Allah commanded the Muslims to follow the Prophet and it is like obeying Allah( he is after all the MESSENGER of Allah):

?He who obeys the Messenger, has indeed obeyed Allah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them.? [al-Nisa? 4:80]

?Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. 4. It is only a Revelation revealed? [al-Najm 53:3-4]

How can we possible do this without the ahadith? because the Qur'an don't give us enough information about what is allowed and forbidden, or how to do some kind of worship (that is proved above)

So it is logical for everyone who believes that Allah the Most exalted revealed his last ruling religion the Islam for all mankind until the day of judgement. that He preserved everything that is needed to worship him alone without partner. he did not let an major important part of his religion fade away and get corrupted by human wimps and desires.

did Allah not say:

?Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)? [al-Hijr 15:9]

so the view that the sunnah is corrupted is clearly not valid, because the scholars of this ummah took the utmost care to purify the Sunnah from all alien elements.
    If they had any doubts about the truthfulness of any narrator, or there was the slightest possibility that he could have forgotten something,
    this would be sufficient grounds for rejecting a hadith. Even the enemies of this ummah have stated that no other nation has paid so much attention to examining its reports and their narrators,
    especially in the case of reports narrated from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

and if you do not call yourself a Muslim after all

I find it very strange you only say the ahadith are made by human hand, because every non-muslim believes the Quran is from Muhammad and not from God.

so then it wouldn't matter if it was in the Qur'an or if it was recorded by Imam Al-Boechari or any other scholar in the hadith.

for every non-Muslim:

to make things clear. The Islam takes his belief from two sources the Qur'an and the authentic Sunnah of the prophet:

Sunnah means every saying, doing, approving a matter and the characteristics of the prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)..

So if the Prophet commanded the people to eat with there right hand, then it is a sunnah to eat with your right hand.

you need to know that every religion has deviant sects:

one of them from the Islam is the ?al-Qur?aaniyyeen? they only rely on the Qur'an and don't accept any hadith.

indeed from Islamic perspective they aren't Muslims, we threat them like non-Muslims because they reject a part of faith.

we as Muslims can't pick from the religion what we like and leave what we don't like, we are not on the market buying fruit lol

10. Roel

Roel Well-Known Member

i dont think we should put churches for every belief over every country..
    if you choose to worship the islam in an non-islamatic country you should do so at home

~ my opinion

11. Race Him

Race Him Tryst hates blacks Donor

I agree with this.

Why can't we have chrurches in a islam country??

12. Roel

Roel Well-Known Member

They had one in where they came from, for sure.

But this kinda refers to my ideas of that everyone should stay in the country they are born, or fully adapt to the country they are moving too. This will have all countrys keep its beauties ( French accents, Dutch windmills, Turkish Mosques)

what were doing now is just making the whole world 1 country, a mix of alot of different people.. Id rather have not

13. Benn

Benn Well-Known Member

Agree 100% will you.

14. Race Him

Race Him Tryst hates blacks Donor

This.

Good choice

They are quiet nice, i've been in one when i went to turkey ^^

And some times the islam make alot of arguments about their mosques which is kinda of disrespective towards the current country they are living in, if we say no to a mosque being buildt they go all emo and shit.

15. kefin

kefin Well-Known Member

Why doesn't every continent stick to it's only religion?

Eg.
    - You migrate to the US, you become a christian.
    - You migrate to an arabic state, you become muslim.

16. BeKo

BeKo Member

There are churches in islamic countries.
    And now?

17. uCh

uCh Well-Known Member

No, there aren't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.