1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented User Ban Management

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kent, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Kent

Kent Posol Lyubvi Administrator Moderator Dedicated Donor

I am creating this thread as an open suggestion to the members to decide how users' bans should be handled. Previously, ban disputes were handled on our IRC network. However, I have decommissioned the IRC network due to disuse. This means a different method will be required for ban disputes.

XenForo has addons, but I have not seen one which handles disputes. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/

Use this thread for suggestions regarding how the staff should handle ban disputes. Currently, there is no way to dispute a ban.

2. Hugh

Hugh www.emsmesos.com Moderator Helper Donor

Couldn't you just make their ban message redirect to Kent or Tryst's pm only? and nobody elses to try dispute it? or can that not be done?

• Nice idea! Nice idea! x 1
  3. Kent

Users who are banned cannot access any part of the site. They get the ban massage everywhere.

4. Hugh

Could you not make a little box on that banned page to send a question to an admin?

• Nice idea! Nice idea! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Good advice! Good advice! x 1
  5. apprenticeCS

apprenticeCS (づ。◕‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧ Moderator Dedicated Donor

As I said in mod section. If you could open up 1 forum to members when banned that could work.

Otherwise some sort of message/report system on the ban message page.

It could then pop up like reports and moderation alerts for mods/admins to discuss before action is taken.

The user could include skype info, or they could be temp unbanned on a restricted access account so they can reply to a dispute thread only, until a final decision us made.

Or just include your skype/email in the ban message and have them contact you there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aardbei

Aardbei http://www.unban-taku.com/ Donor

We have all registered with an email so isn't it possible when someone gets banned, an automatic email is sent to that person? If they want to dispute the ban they can simply reply to that email.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. iLikeAudi

iLikeAudi Audis like me too :D Dedicated Donor

Inb4 mods gets mass spammed by people like shroom who get banned lel...

I like @apprenticeCS his suggestion better because of stated reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hugh

Or they could make it so if they pm to query ban they only get 1 chance lol

P.s. Looking good Tom

• Bronze Bronze x 1
  9. Original

Original ♛ Mikaelson ♛ Donor

well i know that there is a staff section like the donor section.
    How about a ban section.
    Everyone should be able to see it. and banned members should only have access to that section.
    Also, people should be able to post on a dispute, to say why he shouldn't be unbanned.
    Oe just install the ticket system by brivium. You can choose who has access to it and the sections in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kent

I would like to have a ban section, but when a user is banned they lose access to the entire site. If there is an addon which enables similar functionality, I can look into getting it.

That addon is not free. I wouldn't want to purchase it for one feature which doesn't exactly fit what we need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Original

Original ♛ Mikaelson ♛ Donor

I have the nulled version if u want ^^

• Made me laugh! Made me laugh! x 2
  12. Kent

We're not running any pirated software.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Schnee

Schnee Well-Known Member

"Guest" addon which is restricted to the "unban" section?

14. Robert

Robert lol Moderator Dedicated Donor

I find unban@ccplz.net a proper idea, threads can be made on CCPLZ later (like Taku had)

15. I agree. nothing would be the perfect solution (as anything is able to be spammed etc.). And an e-mail should be a proper way to handle this without making it too complicated for either the admin or the user. Also, everyone has an e-mail account nowadays (you signed up to CCPLZ with an e-mail) and knows how to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

Can't you just make a usergroup which only has access to one forum, limit their permissions disallowing them to send PM's or anything like that, and place all banned users in that user group?

17. Shinso

Shinso Just working. Moderator Dedicated Donor

Not at the moment:

18. 복숭아

복숭아 Not too shabby Donor

Adding some sort of code to the ban message might prevent fake ban appeals. Just an idea. :)

19. Or just include a format. (Including mail subject etc) that wat you can filter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

No I'm not suggesting we ban them, I'm suggesting we put them into another usergroup separate from banned maybe (Ban Dispute) or something you get the idea, where they can only see one forum where they can dispute their ban, if the dispute is denied, then ban them.

• Like Like x 1