1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pending Warning system & Karma

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ant3, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ant3

Ant3 Well-Known Member

I'll start right away.
    I don't know what the warning system looks like now, but I remember that the warning system on CheatEngine was awesome. These days I don't see any forum with warnings/ban info that everyone can read, and I usually wonder: "Why did he get banned?" and "Is he banned permanently or temporary?"

Also, I read a bit about thanks/rep system in another thread, that got locked, so that's why I write it here, which S3NSA seems to dislike. I don't like it either, but I got a suggestion from another forum that I think is much better.

Alliedmods, a forum for Counter-Strike amxmodx and sourcecode plugins and support had a system a time ago - Karma. If somebody posted a good thing, they could get +Karma, by users, just like rep. The Karma status saw shown under the Avatar of the user. It says 'Neutral' (default), Normal, Good, Very Good, Excellent, Low, Very Low and such things depending on your current Karma. Also, they had a system so if you had bad karma, lower than Normal, I think, you could not post new plugins.

Like both of these systems I just mentioned. Maybe it's worth to be tested or keep in mind the existens of it. :D
    I think they are awesomesauce.

2. Subarashii

Subarashii Well-Known Member

Hmm I think that's an awesome idea too :D
    That you like, have to raise your Karma if it's low and if you don't, you can't like use this forum 100%?

And did you edit the thread to add the smiley? XD
  3. v

v hey bro Retired

I don't agree with that.
    People could just give negative karma to people they dislike for no particular reason, creating hassle for admins having to deal with people's complaints.
    The advantages to the one on CEF is:
    It's purely an indication of your status to people who may not know you.
    There's a fairly long delay between giving a rep, so if you choose to do it you can't just hand them out constantly (see: like button).
    You must alternate between who you rep, as you can't rep the same person twice in a row.
  4. Akira

Akira Well-Known Member

Just give spammer -1 Rep :D
    In MPC 80% the people spams with Sh**
  5. S3NSA

S3NSA back in black Administrator

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Warning system
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    We already have one in place and it works much in the same way as on Cheat Engine (if a user incurs repeat infractions then they receive a ban). I'll look into whether a warned post and it's message counterpart are visible to the other members of the forum.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    Karma System
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    I had a problem with the thanks button, but I was fine with the reputation system. My problem was with vBulletin's default reputation system not with the idea of one. I would prefer having a reputation system akin to CEF's over the karma system you mentioned. I like the idea of visual numbers as opposed to titles.
  6. OMGitsSander

OMGitsSander Well-Known Member

I agree with Viral, IF you were gonna use the karma system, you have to give the public the oppurtunity to check why they have bad karma..
  7. Subarashii

Subarashii Well-Known Member

8. Ant3

Ant3 Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention, that when you added karma or gave bad karma, it was like pressing a Rep button.

+ -
    Then a window pops up and you type why. Like "Thanks for creating this, very useful!" or "Search before posting please..."

Also, the user can see the comments in their user CP panel. However I don't remember if any names showed up or not. I think it did not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.