1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MapleStory Europe has migrated to MapleStory Global! This section is readonly now.
    Dismiss Notice

Europe Whats the benefits of a lukless mage?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Harmy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Harmy

Harmy mr. Moderator Dedicated Donor

Apart from being ABIT stronger?

Cause im level 45 atm, and i dunno whether to add to luk or what..

2. arrostire93

arrostire93 Well-Known Member

When you lvl up, you gain more mp and recovers more mp. However without luck, when they die, they lose alot more of exp.

3. BeKo

BeKo Member

it isnt just "ABIT"

4. Harmy

Ahhh. So what weapons would i use when i get to high levels? =/

5. Klaffen

Klaffen ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Donor

maple weapons, umbrella's

6. Ation

Ation s. mod Moderator Donor

Umbrellas = 1h swords -> can't use most of magic attacks

7. Panete

Panete CCPLZ Donor Donor

Except booster you can use any magic attack with umbrellas, for cleric way is a good bet since they dont have it, mages will have to stick to wand/staff at higher levels though. Thats why they released 1 handed sword magic att scrolls back in 2007.

8. Ation

Ation s. mod Moderator Donor

Ahh, I was somehow thinking about Kebab and how most of magic attacks can't be used on that. :F10:

9. Panete

Panete CCPLZ Donor Donor

Kebab is a dagger, same goes for red shower that is a 2 handed sword and most mage skills seem to have problems with 2h weapons.

10. arrostire93

well if you're really rich, there are elemental wands at lvl 70 and 130 that don't require luck.

11. Harmy

Well i currently have 5m, what do you guys think i shud do? Add luk or int xD

12. zoro

zoro Donor

add INT...

13. Akira

Akira Well-Known Member

Pure INT is much better.
    Low Luk > Lukless>Reg Luk

But for low Luk u need hella much funding

14. OMGBBQHAX

OMGBBQHAX Well-Known Member

Lukless benefits ALOT

Pros:
    Cheap to contain a stable lukless mage(You'll only ever be using either a Wooden Wand, Maple Lama that is godly if your funded, or umbrella's but i heard they have patched/fixed the bug/glitch while using booster with them)
    Hit more damage in 3rd job?
    Dunno :(

Cons:
    DIE BETCH(10% gone aha.)
    Cant use the magicodar's and whatnot. But atleast you got a godly lama :)
    Dunoo like above :)

15. arrostire93

i think it depends alot on how you want to use this mage. If you're gonna hack with it, then i suggest you to add luck, since pure int must wear godly staff to be strong. If you are not going to hack with it, then you can choose between the two things.

16. 0star

0star Member

Its really big different.
    with luk you've better equips ( so less dmg to you)
    With luk is good for I/L F/P.
    But a cleric can heal his self.
    so a cleric dont need good defensive quips
    and for fire wizard its also nice.

17. BeKo

BeKo Member

lukless doesnt mean that u have to wear godly staff to be strong ... the int gives u the dmg u need but with equips the dmg would be of course higher

18. jeezor

jeezor Member

Instead of a Wooden Wand, you can use a paintbrush.

19. arrostire93

well at higher lvl you have to. 1st of all because if you do not a mage with lvl 80 weapon normal luck would pwn you if you use umbrella. Also i don't know if you play kraida, but i can tell that in demethos maple staffs are worth 10-150m depends on stats. And i think i wouldn't give such items to my hacking char. Not gonna talk about elemental wands, which have amazing prices. But if you want to be pure int and use lvl 8 wand till lvl 100 i doubt you will overdmg even a lvl 80-90 normal luck. Cause lvl 80 needs 83 luck to wear lvl 80 stuff. If you're pure int then you have like 78 more int then him (remember you start from 4 luck). Then again your wand has 23 magic att (if not wrong) and lvl 78 wand has 93 ma clean. 93-23 = 70. So you have 8 magic att more, but if you count the int added by gloves,shoes,helm and overall you will get more then 8 magic att. Also being pure int is actually made to be strong and if you don't want to give your mage good stuff, then it's totally nonsense. It's like wanting to make a dexless warrior, but not using +dex or +accuracy stuff for him.
    If you choose to make a pure mage, you'd better make it good, or else just follow normal built. Also from my point, if you have to hack, making a pure int would be useless. I mean you would use it just to farm/lvl up and not actually to make higher dmg. I know that if you're pure int you get higher dmg and so lvl up faster, but then again the dmg difference would be low cause you don't equip it with the right stuff. Don't know if you got my point...

20. Panete

Panete CCPLZ Donor Donor

A luk high level mage doesnt beat a lukless with a yellow umbrella even at level 150. For a hacker mage, being lukless is the best bet.