1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MapleStory Europe has migrated to MapleStory Global! This section is readonly now.
    Dismiss Notice

Europe What's the Hackshield process called?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by whereismyhat, Aug 8, 2010.

1. whereismyhat

whereismyhat Banned Banned

Read the title. If there are multiple, name them all preferably with description on what they do, thanks in advance.

2. OMGitsSander

OMGitsSander Well-Known Member

Please don't tell me you were gonna end process and than think you totally bypassed HS:F7:

3. whereismyhat

How is this contributing to my question again? Seriously, before jumping to rather untrue assumptions, try to at least answer a bit of the question instead of making a random post provoking flames and such. Since we're assuming stuff, I'll assume you're doing this to increase your petty post-count right there.

Furthermore, to reply to your statement: No, I wasn't. What I am planning to do goes a bit above your level.

4. OMGitsSander

OMGitsSander Well-Known Member

Tam-tam-tam...
    I'm actually kinda bored as no-one is on IRC.. Good 4 you that it is above my level as I don't care bout your level;)
    Good luck anyway, I think the maplestory emoticon made you jump to conclusions a bit too quick;)
    I was just kidding.. G'night anywayz, no hard feelings;)

5. whereismyhat

So, anyone around that actually knows the answer?

6. Ex10Ded

Ex10Ded New Member

My best guess is that it's included in the Maplestory.exe all together.
    Just a wild guess.

7. Ant3

Ant3 Well-Known Member

You are not the only one thinking like that.

8. Troll

Troll Banned Banned

Mather of fact, thats how you can FULLY bypass HS with windows 7.

Not exactly, killing the process but something like that.

9. Scum 5436

Scum 5436 Banned Banned

Damn I need W7 ><

I think either the HS process is hidden
    OR if you look at it like this : -> Maplestory.exe INGAME is a protected process -> due to HS I guess so I figure it's all in 1 process.

10. Subarashii

Subarashii Well-Known Member

Probably the sucky 64 bit? xD
    Maplestory fails at bypassing 64 bit computers somehow...

11. Siobhan

Siobhan New Member

From what I've read HS runs inside of Maplestory as a thread, but it is only half of the problem, the truly nasty shite is themida which is what is stopping the CE debugger.

If you open up maplestory.exe in process explorer you'll see something like this "EHSvc.dll!25+0x6d181". If I'm not entirely wrong, thats Hackshield.

12. whereismyhat

Nope, that would've most likely fixed what I am trying to do.
    If HS runs as a thread inside maplestory, why would a library pop up in the running processes with the name EHSvc.dll!25+0x6d181?

13. spunge

spunge Well-Known Member Retired

/facepalm

Siobhan is partially correct. HS runs inside MapleStory via EHSvc.dll (EHSvc.dll will pop up as a module inside the process, not as a process); however, Themida is not the only culprit. HackShield itself employs anti-debugging procedures.

14. iiTom

iiTom Banned Banned

its called HSupdate, well... The part where its loading anyways.